“It’s not enough to stare up the steps. You must step up the stairs.” Vance Havner
Here are my 10 ideas on how to make time for yourself: for exercise, for hobbies, for guilt-free self care to nurture your own mind, body, and spirit!
1. Wake up early. (before everyone else if possible)
2. Create your personal priority list and MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON IT!
3. Use a calendar! Get your priorities on the schedule, including quiet time for you.
4. Eliminate the clutter! It can drain your energy and your motivation.
5. Even when they’re done with naps, try to maintain a quiet time/rest time for your children.
6. Protect your energy and try not to rush through everything.
7. Spend time regularly with people who inspire you.
8. Say no to activities and commitments that are not fulfilling.
9. Count your blessings daily and always focus on what you are grateful for.
10. Exercise and remember to fuel your body with plenty of water and balanced meals.