How are you handling stress and transitions in your life?
Do you tend to react and feel out of control? Or are you thoughtful and intentional, taking into account both your feelings and the feelings of those around you?
Emotions are valuable signals that help us survive and thrive. When we learn how to use them, emotions help us make more effective decisions, connect with others, find and follow purpose — and lead a more whole-hearted life. For years, significant emphasis was put on IQ as a measure of intelligence indicator, academic performance and to some degree, professional and personal success, but something was missing…
Emotional Intelligence (EQ) is as great a predictor of your success as your IQ
“Wow! What a powerful experience—I just completed my SEI assessment and debriefing with Shari. I’ve used other assessment tools before, but working with Shari really made a difference. Shari is compassionate and insightful, and for the first time in a long time, I feel like I have specific steps to work through the transition I’m going through. I can’t believe that I have gained so much insight with so little time commitment on my side. I’m very grateful to Shari!”
Why You Should Care About EQ
As a 6seconds.org SEI EQ assessor, I can tell you that emotions are part of you, and here to stay. Understanding them can help you navigate the complexities of making decisions, interacting with people, and helping you live more intentionally vs. stuck in the reaction cycle.
What is Emotional Intelligence (EQ) ?
In simple terms, “emotional intelligence” just means being smarter with feelings. It’s about putting together the rational and emotional so you can move forward effectively with your business, your relationships and your life.
What if I told you that in reality, feelings aren’t good or bad: they’re just information and energy?
It’s what we do with the information and energy that could be good or bad.
It’s like electricity: if you try to put metal in an electrical outlet, it can hurt or even kill you. Does this mean electricity is bad? No. It means we must take the time to learn about it and to use it carefully.
The same applies to your emotions.
Ready to maximize your energy, health & productivity? Start with a simple EQ assessment.
Click here to start.
We all have emotional responses & triggers…
Maybe it’s the shrill screeching of your children fighting
Or a stressful project deadline
Maybe things aren’t going your way and you’re mad
Or overwhelmed… yet feel too guilty to take time out for you.
We all fight these feelings on occasion.
Judging them. Resisting.
Wondering why they’re here in the first place.
Or…not noticing feelings at all.
As I tell my kiddos, now 8 & 10:
“We don’t want to fight with the crankies, but find out what they mean, and then realize we have choices.”
So how do you navigate these emotions? Find the wisdom? Be vulnerable, authentic, and REAL but still be strong and successful?
That’s where I come in…
Feelings are a huge part of my life. Learning to navigate + honor them and help others do the same = my life’s work.
I’ve faced my share of obstacles and wear my heart on my sleeve. I used to apologize for this. Now I don’t have to.
So now I’m curious.
How would your stress levels change
- If you found value and wisdom in your feelings vs. fighting them?
- If you knew emotions as messages that affect every living cell?
- Knowing each emotion has a neuro-chemical component which can be reabsorbed in as little as 6 seconds (time can vary). And If you’re feeling something for longer than six seconds, you are – at some level – choosing to recreate and refuel those feelings?
- The good news: the actual chemical reaction, or synapse, is very short. We have ways to interrupt the reaction cycle with something cognitive and to re-engage and re-connect our cognitive and emotional parts of our brain.
Boosting Your EQ Puts You Back In Control
Tuning into your EQ is a brilliant essential starting point for helping you navigate your emotions with grace and ease, allowing them to work for you.
I feel so strongly about the importance of EQ in your life…that I’ve joined the 6seconds.org mission to see 1 BILLION people practicing Emotional Intelligence :: couldn’t be more excited to support positive change worldwide in this way.
Why EQ for you?
- Because young people with high EQ earn higher grades, stay in school, and make healthier choices.
- Adults with high EQ are more effective in their careers and have better personal & professional relationships.
- Families with high EQ use emotions to actually help thinking; it’s key to problem-solving, creativity, and also empathy.
- EQ skills are learnable, and predict stronger effectiveness, influence, decision making, health, relationships, and quality of life. (6seconds.org shows scientifically-based skills of emotional intelligence (EQ) essential for change)
Where can being smart with your feelings support you in trying to get it all done? I can’t wait to show you how:
- Just naming your emotions begins to reduce the amygdala activity and your fight/flight response.
- Your feelings have meaning and you can learn to make better decisions when you understand the meaning.
- These learnable competencies help you to make choices aligned with the YOU that you’re striving to be.
If you’re tired of numbing or fighting your emotions….you’re not alone. This assessment is for you if:
- You’re yearning to navigate stress with more grace and ease in your quest for work-life balance and contentment
- You are going through a challenge or transition and need clarity or support
- You want to create boundaries to protect your decisions, passions and energy but don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings.
- You’re ready for positive change and feeling back in control…no matter what’s going on in your life.