Reasons or excuses are everywhere. We can blame the children, the spouse, the job, the weather or we can accept responsibility for the power of choice.
- It’s about being aware of what you are saying yes to and no to.
- Make these choices mindfully to stay connected to your goals and visions.
Whether it’s fear of the unknown, fear of success, criticism or failure, we are so often blocked by fear.
Years ago I read Susan Jeffers book, “Feel the Fear and do it Anyway” and loved her message to tap into the Higher Self and learn to think “It’s all happening perfectly. Whatever happens in my life, I’ll handle it!”
Our self talk works on a subconscious level and has a tremendous impact on our lives.
What are you scared of? What is your negative self-talk telling you?
As a first hand recovering (notice the “ing”) people pleaser I know all too well about trying to make everyone happy and not rock the boat. Especially as a mother.
- We feel so much guilt for the decisions we do and don’t make and how these decisions, choices, sacrifices will affect our children.
- We make choices to keep others happy and lose touch with what matters to us and what type of example we may or may not be setting.
- We end up in survival and sacrifice mode and it’s not a good place to stay.
- So if you can’t get past the people pleasing, just remember this: a little time for your self-care will benefit everyone around you…. so you’ll still be “pleasing” your people! 😉
4.Time & Money
Money is a variable resource for us but we all have the same 168 hours in a week. And we all have SOME choice on how we spend this time.
- As we get busier and busier with family activities, roles and responsibilities, we must find ways to leverage both our time and money.
- Self-sacrifice is NOT the answer. Of course there will be times when we are strictly in survival mode for time and money, but then we MUST make our own way out by shifting our mindsets and learning strategies to address the incoming.
- Taking care of ourselves gives us the energy we need to make the most of our time and fills us up in a way that ends up saving money because you’re not spending it on all that extra “stuff” to make you feel better! INVEST IN YOU!
5.Perfection Paralysis & Indecision
As humans, we are amazingly and perfectly imperfect and the emotional toll of trying to be otherwise can bring us to some pretty dark places.
- I vote that we learn how to stay in the light.
- Start to build awareness of why you think you need to or want to be perfect.
- Maybe it’s time to ban the airbrushed fitness & glam magazines for a while (I had a dear friend use this strategy when she realized what it was doing to her self-talk).
- And all the information, advertising and marketing messages out there that promise you’ll look better: just be aware that they’re tapping into our insecurities and TRYING to get us to compare.
- As you let the influx of information into your life, be aware of your mindset and try to catch when you start comparing and judging.
I have some great tools to address these 5 areas and will be sharing them soon in my FREE resource: The Weekly Retreat – sign up HERE so you don’t miss out!
And because authenticity and self-knowledge are your first steps, MAKE PROGRESS NOW by commenting below on your insights. What beliefs are limiting you and what’s getting in your way from feeling great and doing what you love?